Thursday, January 1, 2009

Meredith, author...

The following is a story Meredith typed up yesterday. She has given me permission to share it. I am leaving it exactly as she wrote it, including spelling and punctuation.

Girl Talk

Once I was walking and I saw a teenager, crying. I asked "Why shall ye cry?" "Ye shall know nor not know." was her answer. "What brought you to this sorow?" "It was ACORN VALLLY!" sobed the girl. She looked about 12 or 15. She was skinny, had firey red hair, sea green eyes, feet as skinny as a rock, & had skin as pail as a vampires. It was about midnight, & I was late for supper time. "Join me for dinner."

THE END



Pretty good, huh? It gets better with each reading. I've read it twenty times now and it still makes me smile. All in all, I think my little eight year old author is cool.

2 comments:

Cade and Kelsie said...

What a very creative story! I love how children think. I wish I could bottle their imagination and keep it for myself! Hope your hoidays have been great!

Knight Family said...

Meredith sure has a way with words. Oh to be young again and so creative!!