Friday, December 26, 2008

As promised...

Our attempt at Christmas pictures. Had I actually mailed cards this year, they might have included one of these. Assuming I managed to get them printed out. The best thing about it is that I have been reading some web pages and blogs managed by fantastic photographers and they keep talking about a trend to do photos in front of rustic and / or warehouse feeling backgrounds. Enter the old Oasis Seed plant. Talk about a gold mine of different surfaces to use as backdrops. There's concrete, metal, painted brick... and I don't know what I'll find behind it, as I was not willing to hike through the snow to find out. Mental note: do not attempt "face the sunshine" photos. It was like pulling teeth to get Isaac to open his eyes. Also, notice Lucy's tongue? She likes to stick it out when it is cold outside. Don't know why, but there it is.



Today I took my traditional baby's first Christmas "playing in the ribbon" pictures of Lucy. I have these on my mantel every Christmas (except for Meredith as a baby- someday when I am a photoshop genius I'll add ribbon to her naked on the bed pictures and add her to the line up.) Lucy was sort of tired and ready for a nap, so we didn't get a ton of smiles, but I think she's pretty yummy anyway. She's squish-tastic. Look at those rolls. Love the pudgy babies.


Well, I better go unpack our suitcase. The irony is that we didn't actually go anywhere. We hurried to get all packed to go visit Grandma Ruth and Grandma Swain on Christmas and then got snowed in. So it's all of the work of traveling with none of the fun. Oh well. There's always next year.

No comments: