Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ruthie's Turn...

Here's Ruthie's story she wrote the same day Meredith wrote hers. As before, I'm leaving spelling and punctuation exactly as it is in the original.

THE MYSTERY

Once upon a time, a girl named Gabby, who wanted to LIVE WITH ANIMALS! & her dad sailed away. He was gone to long, so Gabby ran away to THE JUNGLE! she made lots of new friend's. Then one day saw that Kenna, the monkey, GOT STUCK IN A TREE! She didn't know how to climb, & Kenna wasn't an usual monkey & didn't know stuff that monkey's do. So Gabby got hold of a vine, & swung, & got her down!

THE END



Aside from her obvious affinity for the "&" sign, I'm quite impressed by Ruthie's grasp of punctuation and sentence structure. At six, she writes a darn sight better then a lot of the kids I taught in fifth grade. I love my creative, funny, silly little writers.

1 comment:

Cade and Kelsie said...

I am really impressed too! Her writing is much better than most of my first graders if not all!