Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Friday night...


and I am home alone! (Except for Lucy, who is not chatty or demanding in the first place, and asleep in the second place.) I remember when being home alone on a Friday night seemed like the end of the world. I can't believe I was ever that stupid, but there it is. Turns out that being home alone on a Friday night is divine. I have so many things I want to do that I don't know where to start. I'm not sure which project sounds like the most fun.

So I'll finally catch up on a few pictures. Here is Ruthie on the first day of school. She is in first grade in Mrs. Nissen's class. (I'm sure I have said that before somewhere, but I'm pretending that it is the night of the first day of school and I am posting this information in the timely manner I originally intended to.) She's getting so big. I am glad she has Meredith to show her the ropes of getting on the bus and eating school breakfast, because it is way less scary for mom to send her off with a seasoned pro.


Here is Meredith on the first day. Is she sassy or what? She is excited to have Hailey and Samantha and Mary in her class this year. She is in Mrs. Singleton's third grade class. I feel like it was just barely her turn in first grade, but here she is. (Sorry the photo is kind of blurry- I'm having camera issues lately. I think it is because my camera is a lot smarter than I am.)
I love this picture. I took it when the girls were walking to the bus and they had no idea I was taking it. Despite their squabbles, they each consider the other a best friend. I am a lucky mom. And they are lucky to have each other.
Here is poor, pathetic little Isaac. He is watching his sisters get on the bus and leave him. He is not having the time of his life being home with just me and Lucy. We are, apparently, not that much fun. Grandma Styler made him his own school box, though, so now he looks forward to doing "school" in the morning after the girls leave.
And next, while I may be slightly biased, don't you think this is one of the cutest kids ever? We still think her hair looks red. You never can tell, I guess. Miss Lucy is now rolling over. I accused Isaac of picking her up and moving her (which he is not, strictly speaking, allowed to do) and he said, "No, she just did it like this." and rolled over twice to demonstrate. I wish she would quit growing so fast...
Here are Meredith and Ruthie all ready for their mini-cheer performance. They loved cheerleading. They were pretty darn good at it. And best of all, I now get to listen to everyone in my family (including Zane) singing cheers while they go about their day. Just what I always dreamed of...

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my heck cutest pics of the kids and love love the hat of Lucy! I wish Brinley would keep them on cuz they are adorable. Glad you have a free night! Enjoy it! Wish we could have been hanging out together doing something...

Rod Eskelson said...

I have actually heard Zane cheer too, he is pretty darn good at it.

Knight Family said...

Cute girls! I am so glad that they are friends. I feel for Isaac, poor guy. It is good that you get a night alone once in awhile, good for you.

Amy said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the details!

Love ya!
Amy :)