Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I've been replaced.


Seriously. You know how Isaac is my kid? How he doesn't allow Zane to touch or kiss me because he is afraid we won't be married anymore? (As in Isaac and I, not Zane and I- he came up and kissed me a few months ago and announced that that meant we were married.) And how whenever I ask him what he's going to do when a pretty girl wants to marry him he answers, "I would just tell her 'No WAY! I'm going to marry my mama!'." Well, yesterday he walked in the door from playing outside, and Meredith asked him, "Hey, Isaac- who's your girlfriend?" Without any hesitation, he answered, "Hannah Montana!" What the heck?

To be fair, I should have seen this coming. The other night when I was tucking him in, I asked him what he was going to do when a beautiful girl wants to go on a date with him. He said, "I would just tell her 'No way!'." So I asked what he would do if she said "Pretty please? I really want to go on a date with you!" and he responded, "No way!" So then, I asked him what if she says, "Isaac, if you go on a date with me I will buy you ice cream." And he said, "Then I would say OKAY!" What a sellout.

Although, I'm pretty sure he still thinks I'm sort of cool. Just this morning I was sewing and he came over and watched the machine for a few minutes before announcing, "You are amazing! You sew faster than Superman." I guess Hannah Montana can't do that...

Next order of business... Amy tagged me again.... lists of four this time- I'll try...

Four things I love about my husband:
1. He is a fabulous dad.
2. He is a hard worker.
3. He is funny as all get out.
4. He is pretty cute.

Four movies I would watch more than once:
1. The Importance of Being Earnest
2. The Trouble with Angels
3. Pride and Prejudice (like Amy, the Colin Firth version)
4. The Parent Trap (original version)

Four TV shows I watch more than once:
1. The Office
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. 30 Rock
4. I Love Lucy

Four Places I have been:
(In case you were wondering, this list will not include the U.S. History tour my siblings all went on.... not that I'm bitter....)
1. Disneyland
2. Oak City
3. Sutherland
4. Milford

Four People who email me regularly:
Ummm... this question is depressing so I am skipping it... and to all my friends and family- why don't you guys ever email me? (Except Joleen, who forwards me much appreciated funny things on occasion.)

Four favorite foods:
1. Celery
2. Cotton Candy
3. Shaved Ice
4. Anything with coconut or bacon

Interesting sidenote (or not, depending on your personal judgement): one of my Mia Maids and I decided last year that we should open a restaurant called "Coconut and Bacon" because we couldn't come up with a single food that wouldn't taste better with one or the other one added. The waiters would walk around with bowls of coconut and bacon, kind of like the cheese grater guys at other restaurants, and ask, "Can I add some coconut or bacon to that?" Honestly, it seemed like a good idea. Plus, we drove to every temple in Utah last year, so we had lots of time to talk and come up with foods that sounded good, as well as possible business ventures. But I digress...

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Well clearly, anyplace outside of the valley I live in...
2. Switzerland
3. Sweden
4. Greece

Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. My kids getting out of school for the summer
2. Watching Lucy continue to learn and grow
3. Getting a new lens for my camera
4. Using some scrapbook or quilting supplies up

Four people I would like to tag:
Any volunteers? I already used up all my blogging friends....

2 comments:

Cade and Kelsie said...

Melissa

One of my memories I have of you is when Janelle and I used to make our family news letter and your interesting thing was that you were one of the few 23 year olds who still had their school picture taken. For some reason I have always remembered that. Funny...

Amy said...

Coconut and bacon sounds AWESOME!!! I really think you should do it!

:)