Yup! It's me! That was the longest two months of my life. I hope the Altazip people get itchy rashes in uncomfortable places. But that's a whole other story...
Meanwhile, here's what's happened in the last two months...
Lucy continues to grow at an alarming rate. I really felt like those first three weeks should last a LOT longer than they did. But of course, they didn't, and while I miss three day old Lucy, we are all loving nearly eight week old Lucy. She is the happiest little chick. She very rarely gets grumpy (although she does hate the car in the grand tradition of her older siblings... why do I never get a baby who passes out the minute they get in the car seat...?) She smiles like crazy, and is starting to make sweet little talking noises to us. And, most importantly, she is finally getting fat rolls on her existing fat rolls. So she is definitely our kid.
In June, Zane took Meredith and Ruth with him on our ward's youth conference trek to Martin's Cove. It was, according to all sources, an amazing experience. I don't think anyone has been able to tell me about my little girls' involvement in the trek without tearing up and crying. I think having little kids there made it a very realistic experience for them. I'll have to pester Zane to write about it later.
My little pioneer girls on the trail- from my understanding, it was really hot, but they wore sweatshirts to avoid the mosquitoes that seemed to bite right through clothes and didn't mind the bug spray. Their whole little bodies were covered with huge swollen bites when they got home. Their arrival home, by the way, was shortly after 10:00 p.m. on Ruthie's 6th birthday. Isaac and I waited up to give her presents, which was lots of fun. The next week, she celebrated her birthday again with friends. They had pizza at the park and then we went to see Wall*E at the movies.
Finally, we had Lucy's blessing on Sunday, July 6th. It was a really good day. She looked so pretty in her dress, which Grandma Styler made, broken arm and all. That's talent.
I love this picture. I took Lucy to Mom and Dad's house to dress her with Mom. Grandma Swain, Uncle Kent, Aunt Barbara and Launa all got there just after I did. Lucy got all dressed and then started fussing because she wanted to go to sleep. But since Grandma Swain hadn't met her yet, she wanted to hold her anyway before her nap. The minute Grandma started talking to Lucy, she stopped fussing and grinned. She smiled and smiled right at Grandma and listened to every word she said. It was so sweet. All babies love Grandma Swain.

And I love this picture because it is just SO Zane. What a cool dad, huh?
Okay, now I realize there are not any 4th of July photos, or pictures of people at Lucy's blessing, or the pictures of Tyle driving Meredith on Grandma Draper's scooter in the kids' parade (speaking of which, if anyone knows how to Photoshop a bikini onto him in the picture, drop me a line, because I'm thinking that would be hilarious...) But I'm just getting back into my internet groove... give me a few days, and we'll work on it.
2 comments:
You shouldn't have told me your blog address, know I can stock you. You are such a good mom, Lucy is beautiful.
That would be AWESOME and then, if and when you figure out how to phot shop that, I'll need a framed 8 x 10 of that picture with Tyle in the bikini!!! For future blackmail, of course!
Post a Comment