I realize I haven't yet posted pictures or words about Meredith's baptism. I will get around to that, I promise. For some reason I have a mental block that prevents me from uploading pictures from my camera. Something about possibly losing them in the transition, although that has never happened. It's the same thing that compels me to store them on my computer hard drive, and external hard drive, a DVD, and three CD copies. Just in case. Sometimes I think it was easier when all I had to do was file and label my negatives...
That said, I just realized there are only six days left until school starts. And I am sad about that. I like having my kids home all day. I would homeschool them to keep them home longer except that: A) They would turn into social rejects, and B) I'm way too lazy. We'd never get around to doing math, or some equally spectacular failure due to negligence.
The upside to this six days till school starting thing is that it just happens to start on the same day that I get to go to a Jack Johnson concert with Zane and Lucy. Mer and Ruth will stay with Grandma Draper, Isaac will stay with Aunt Mandy, and Lucy will get her first concert experience. Mandy offered to keep Lucy too, but Zane says she needs to come with us because at the last concert we went to (Damian Marley and Ben Harper) "all the other hippies brought their babies." Heaven forbid we don't fit in with the other hippies. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Zane always wants to go to concerts and I never want to spend the money, so for years now I've been telling him, "We'll go when Jack Johnson comes." It seemed fitting that it would be on my birthday weekend. If anything will lessen the sting of sending kids back to school, this will be it!
2 comments:
Glad to hear from you. Let's definitely make a plan to get together. I skimmed through a bunch of your blog site. Sounds like life has been good and fun for you. Let's catch up!
Found your blog from the Class of 96 site, I love Jack Johnson. Great show. It's been a long time since I've talked to either you or Zane. Hope that all is well.
Post a Comment